Since women are important element in the Arab region; ASTF aims to engage Arab Science and Technology Women in a lot of activities and initiatives, in order to develop their technical skills, and strengthen their role on regional and international levels.
This desire is reflected in all ASTF’s programs and activities including Funded Research, Collaborative Projects, Networks, Technopreneur Program, Technology Competitions, and Conferences.
ASTF proposed the women initiative in order to empower Arab Science and technology Women, as it capitalizes on available efforts in the Arab region and stream line them for best achieving development goals.
The Women Initiative consists of 3 phases:
Phase One: Setting up the Structure
Phase Two: Reinforce Science and Technology Women
Phase Three: Launching of Further ProgramsInitiative includes many projects and activities, and each project has clear goals, yet all complement each other for the achievement of the objectives of the initiative.
Women Initiative’s goals:
- Establish database about individuals, efforts, and institutions working in the field of Arab women science and technology field.
- Establish Network and coordinate efforts for better outcome.
- Help to form high qualified teams that able to develop and implement meaningful projects, so women positive impact on socio-economic advancement in the region is showed.
- Offer opportunities for setting up talented young Arab Women through Fellowship, Mentorship.
- launch new projects and initiatives that build-on experience gained.
For more information about women initiative, Please go to the following URL: